Thursday, September 8, 2016

Leto -Part 6

“I have a girlfriend.” That rope finally tightened around my neck and I could not say a word. He continued, “We have been together since high school, I was not looking outside for anything, but when I met you I felt so drawn towards you.” I wanted to get up and leave, but my body was somehow stuck to the chair. I was forced to continue listening to him. “I tried to talk myself out of feeling this way about you, and I tried to ignore you, those are the days when you thought I was being cold, believe me I was not, I was just trying not to act upon this attraction that I feel towards you.” “I am stuck between reviving a relationship that is dying or going for a new relationship, I did not mean to seem like I was playing around, I was trying to avoid any attachments, but this is what I am honestly going through.” He dipped his head and then looked at me. “I was trying to get to know you so I could make a definite decision.” The more he talked the more I started feeling a strange pain in my chest. I was shocked and angry but I had promised to understand, however did that mean that I shouldn’t be angry? I felt my eyes fill up with salty water, my mind was blank, and my heart suddenly felt too heavy for my own chest and breathing felt like a great task. The waiter broke the tension when he brought our dessert, so I quickly excused myself and rushed to the restroom. As soon as I opened the restroom’s door, tears flooded my eyes. They say that the truth shall set you free, but this truth did not set me free. I expected a simple “Yes I dig you” or a “No, I have no such feelings for you”. I guess this is what people mean when they say ‘It is complicated’. After a good ten minutes of crying I washed my face, reached into my bag for my face cream, opened the lid and slowly applied it, I decided not to re-apply my make-up and just put on some lip-balm. When I was done, I slowly approached our table and sat down. “are you ok?” Leto asked. “May we please eat and enjoy our dessert?” I requested. He slowly nodded his head while giving me a bothered look. I think he was afraid to say anything else.
Leto had ordered a strawberry cheese cake while I had ordered a chocolate mousse. It was the best dessert that I had ever tasted, in spite of what had just happened twenty minutes ago, the dessert brought an incredible comfort to my heart while my breathing reached its Zen moment.  I did not know how Leto was feeling at that very moment, but somehow I did not care to know. We silently and slowly had our dessert while avoiding any eye contact. When we were done eating he asked me if I had anything to say, I looked at him in the eye and calmly said “No.” “May we please leave?” I requested. “Uhm…” Leto tried to say something but I quickly cut him off and asked in a commanding tone, “May we please just no longer talk?” he nodded his head in a surrendering body tone. He signaled our waiter to bring the bill and shortly thereafter we were in the car and on our way back to Res. The trip back was short and quiet, we did not bother putting the Radio on. When we reached the Res parking area, I looked at Leto and smiled at him adoringly and said “Thank you for telling me the truth and I understand, see you around. Bye Leto.”


The End.

1 comment:

  1. whaaat are you sure its the end. maaaan you are a teaser.

    ReplyDelete