Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Leto-Part 4

 The decor was made of bravura shades of red, the detailing was very romantic. Everyone in the restaurant seemed to be in some kind of intense conversations. The waiter walked towards us and seemed pretty familiar with Leto. He warmly greeted us and let us to our table. We were sitting not far from the kitchen and I could smell the exquisite food that was being prepared. The waiter left us with the menu and asked us for anything to drink, I requested for bottled water and Leto requested for a glass of white wine. As we waited for our drinks, we sat quietly looking at each other as if we were carefully planning our sentences in our minds. We looked at each other intensely then Leto broke it with a giggle. “Come on my lady, why are you so serious?” Well I was trying to be serious because I wanted answers and wished he would stop calling me ‘my lady’ but I quickly smiled and said “I’m ok, just quit calling me you lady.” “Come on I’m just teasing you, should I tease you?”, that silly feeling of excitement and euphoria came back again, I thought to myself that this night will see me with many bruises if I have to keep on pinches myself back to my composure. The menu was long with a five course style menu, I asked Leto if we could just have three courses and end the night early, he agreed to it but I would not guarantee that he would stick to it.  I ordered what he recommended and when our first course came I thought I should slowly start the interrogation. It was a creamy Chicken and Mushroom soup, that made me feel so warm and comfortable inside, and he ordered some kind of a seafood soup for himself, and gave me a spoonful of some of his soup to taste. We laughed at the silliness of him feeding me. Before I could open my mouth to ask him my 21 questions, he started telling me about himself. He grew up in a small suburb, north of Johannesburg. He has two sister and lives with both his parents and a pet Macau called Rudy.  Rudy like a typical Macau was very talkative. His face really lit up when he was busy describing all the tricks Rudy had. He told me that he is Italian, but has never been to Italy. I found myself intrigued and was gradually losing my list of 21 questions. If this was a war, I was quickly losing my ground.


To be continued…  

3 comments:

  1. Are we talking about the person I think we are talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i am enjoying my reading so far. fiction or ...

    ReplyDelete