Monday, June 21, 2010

Marriage is a priviladge

Bismillah

As i start closing down some windows and wrapping up some work, i think of something a read on facebook and wrote it on my diary "I've found silence is best enjoyed with a beating heart next to you" and it made me remember that about a week ago i told my beloved husband how lying on his chest was one of the most peaceful places for me. In the same breath i am also thinking of my cousin who recently lost her husband just after she had a miscarriage., and how difficult she is having it right now. It is Allah's decree.

How often do we appreciate our spouses? do we wait for them to be called by Allah so that we start writing poems of how we wish we didn't utter those last hurtful words. How we turned insignificant issues into problems when we could have just said "my love, when you... i was hurt but i forgive you".
As i go home, thank you Allah for giving me the opportunity to share my life with a man called a husband, i realise that it is a priviladge and i pray that you help me be the best wife i can be.
Fill my heart with contentment, happiness, forgiveness and love because all these are characteristics of a Believing Muslim Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment