Thursday, June 24, 2010

Most heartfelt things in life are inexpensive

Bismillah
Have you ever thought about the powerful feeling of a hug, a kiss and a smile. Whether you are giving or receiving one, think of the joy and warm feeling it brings to your heart. Last night I was feeling down and I was just lying motionless in bed, then my beloved reached under his clothes, pulled out a fizz-pop and extended his hand towards me and said “Bismillah” it is our way of saying ‘go ahead you can have in Allah’s name’. I felt like a 4 year old (as if it is only kids who are supposed to feel such joy and elation), and my mood suddenly changed as I said “Shukran my love”. Such a simple act filled my entire being with delight. Two weeks ago, there were some Sheiks who came to the office for a meeting with my “Colleague” (that is what the boss calls me, “His Colleague”) and they brought me Chocolates! No one could spoil my mood on that day.
So my beloved friend, it takes a small act just to bring happiness into someone’s life, a simple phone call or text message just to say that I am thinking of you. It does not have to be a birthday, anniversary or whatever else we feel is worth celebrating. Life is worth celebrating every day. It should not be death that comes as a shock but each day you find yourself and others alive.
Go Ahead! Go give someone an unexpected hug today, a slab of chocolate, a text message, a phone call and whatever else you can think of, it might all the happiness that person needs for today.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment